Paneer Tikka- The Ultimate Love Of Vegetarians!
It is a popular ingredient of Indian cuisine. No vegetarian treat is completed without seving paneer. A large variety of dishes can be made from Paneer like Paneer Butter Masala, Kadai Paneer, Shahi Paneer, Paneer Lababdar, Paneer Bhurji, Paneer Tikka, Paneer Roll, Paneer Tikka, etc.
Amongst all the Paneer Dishes, there’s a well known starter made from paneer- Paneer Tikka. Paneer Tikka can be called as the JAAN of vegetarian parties. It’s a perfect alternative to non vegetarian dishes.
A flavourful dish full of spices to give your tastebuds an exotic feel! Marinated with spices, grilled on gas or tandoor and served with healthy vegetables, this is an ideal paneer dish loved by almost everyone.
Paneer Tikka is available at almost every north indian outlet, but what if we get to make this succulent item at the comfort of our homes as well? I am sure that you all wanna try it. So, presenting the easy and quick recipe to make this much loved dish.
Paneer Tikka can be made on a gas stove, tandoor or microwave as well. I like making it on a gas stove so, my recipe will have the use of gas stove though the procedure is same for tandoor as for the gas stove. Let’s begin but remember to follow the tips as well.
TIPS FOR MAKING PANEER TIKKA:
- Hung curd is required for marination. Make sure to keep the curd hung for atleast an hour.
- Always use fresh curd for marination. The thicker the curd, the better the taste.
- Use non-stick pan or else the paneer might stick to the pan or may burn. The paneer might stick to non-stick pan as well but it will be easier to remove.
- Make sure to grease the pan nicely.
- Paneer : 250 gms
- Oil : 2 tbsp
- Capsicum : 2
- Onion : 2
- Tomato : 2
- Hung Curd/Thick curd with little amount of water in it.(Hung Curd is basically curd put in a cotton cloth and hung on a tap for an hour or so to remove excess amount of water from it and to make it thicker.) : 1 tbsp
- Malai : 2 tsp
- Salt : 1/2 tsp
- Lemon Juice (Vinegar will also work) : 1 tsp
- Kasoori Methi : 1/2 tsp
- Grated Ginger : 1/2 tsp
- Grated Garlic : 1/2 tsp
- Chaat Masala : 1/2 tsp
- Black Salt : 1/2 tsp
- Red Chilli Powder : 1/2 tsp
- Haldi : 1/2 tsp
- Ajwain : 1/2 tsp
- Cut Paneer into thick squares. Now cut capsicum, onion and tomato into cubes.
- Take hung curd and mix it with malai, salt, vinegar, chaat masala, red chilli powder and all the other ingredients mentioned for marinating.
- Now put paneer and vegetables in it and mix well. Keep aside in fridge for minimum of two hours. Good part is that this mixture can be kept for maximum of 2-3 days in the fridge.
- After two hours or at the time of serving, heat a non stick pan and spread oil or butter on it. Now put the marinated paneer cubes and cook all the sides till masala coats it well.
- Once the paneer is done, remove it and place all the marinated vegetables on it and toss it for 3-4 minutes.
- The Paneer tikka is ready to serve. For restaurant like presentaton, pierce pieces of paneer, capsicum, onion and tomato into a tooth pick and sprinkle some chaat masala over it. Serve hot.
Your scrumptious paneer tikka is ready to eat. It does not require large amount of time and effort. Moreover, it is really good in taste. Try making on a special occasion or maybe to make your tummy feel a bit special. Also, this requires less amount of oil. So, still waiting for something?
Do try this recipe at home but don’t forget to share your experiences with us in the comment section. Don’t forget to share the pictures as well when you actually try out this recipe. Let us know if you want us to upload any specific recipe here.
You can also share some cool recipes with us so that we can try them out and feature them on our blog as well as on the instagram.
Suggestions and feedbacks are most welcome!
Stay tuned for more delicious stuff. Follow us on Instagram and Twitter for more.
Checkout our New Recipe of Chessy Garlic Bread .